When it comes to remodeling your basement and adding warmth, you'll be up against two formidable foes: dampness and cold. You must first understand why your basement is so chilly before undertaking efforts to warm it up to utilize it as a playroom, guest bedroom, apartment, or home theatre. The simplest explanation is that heat rises. As a result, the top level of the home will be the hottest, while the bottom floor will be the coldest.
This is one of the reasons why basements are always the coldest area of the house. But this can be worked upon.
We've compiled a list of 7 ways to warm up your basement.
1) The first step in warming a cold basement is to ensure there are no water or leakage issues. You should see a basement waterproofing professional to assess the problem and, if necessary, make repairs.
2) One of the most effective methods to keep your basement warm is to insulate it. Unfinished basements benefit from foam-board insulation, whereas completed basements benefit from spray foam insulation.
3)A heated fireplace, especially in completed basements, not only raises the room's temperature but also creates a visual sense of warmth.
4) Cold air and moisture accumulation in basements are frequently caused by chilly breezes. It is essential to inspect your windows regularly to ensure that they do not need repair or replacement.
5) For constant warmth, homeowners can install an in-floor radiant heating system. A network of flexible plastic tubes snakes across the underside of your flooring to provide radiant in-floor heating. The tube is then filled with water that has been warmed by a connected heat source to bring your flooring up to a comfortable temperature.
6) The lack of a suitable barrier between the bare concrete and the tile, carpeting, laminate, or whatever flooring has been put on top of it is the most common cause of chilly basement floors. As a result, a successful basement restoration must start from the ground up.
7) Natural light is a sure-fire method to warm up your basement. Windows are the most effective way to incorporate natural light into a space. Basement windows are frequently narrower and taller than those on higher stories. Even in dark basements, sunlight streaming through the window brightens the room.
If you need home renovation contractors in Red Deer, AB, our team can help with your home upgrade. We can perform a diverse set of services, including interior and exterior renovations. Contact us today to learn more!