Updated: Sep 13, 2021
The selection of tile is one of the most exciting aspects of a bathroom remodel. The possibilities are infinite, whether you choose a timeless subway tile or something more distinctive (such as a mosaic tile), or you want to make a statement with large-scale bathroom tile. The tile you choose for your bathroom may completely transform the appearance and feel of the room, so choose carefully.
Tiles add colour, pattern, texture, a natural aesthetic, or even a touch of glitz. They are also used to protect walls in bathtubs and showers, as well as under the sink, and they can also be used to beautify a place.
Here are the top 5 tips for choosing bathroom tiles:
1) Limestone has a timeless appeal. It is necessary to seal the stone. Because limestone is softer than other natural stones, it is susceptible to scratching. As a result, it's probably best reserved for your en suite flooring rather than the family bathroom.
2) If you want deeper tones for your walls or floor, slate is a good choice - both at once would be too much. It has to be sealed once again. Because it's slip-resistant, it's a good choice for a restroom with people who aren't as steady on their feet.
3) Amongst the man-made tiles, Ceramic tiles are a cost-effective and easy-to-maintain surface. They aren't as durable as porcelain tiles, but because a bathroom isn't a high-traffic area, they may be used on both the floor and the walls. However, always double-check that the ceramic tile you're considering is acceptable for your floor.
4) Porcelain tiles are denser than ceramic tiles, more durable, and easier to maintain. They may be used on both floors and walls.
5) Gloss tiles reflect light and are ideal for a tiny bathroom since they make the area appear larger and brighter. Another benefit of a gloss finish is that it is simple to clean. Smears will appear on the glossy surface, on the other hand.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing
1) The same tile – most commonly natural stone or porcelain – can be used on the floor and walls of a bathroom. When pale colours are utilised, the effect is spa-like and elegant, as well as space-enhancing.
2) If you want a gloss tile on the wall with a consistent look, search for a collection that includes the same tile in a matt surface for the floor to prevent slide risks while maintaining consistency.
3) For minor variations, consider utilising the same tile in a different format. For example, use a square version for the floor and a rectangle version for the walls, or the other way around.
4)There are a plethora of options if you like the notion of contrasting wall and floor tiles. Consider using colour on the walls and a calmer finish on the floor; use a dark floor tile and light walls to make cleaning simpler; choose a pattern for one surface and plain for the other, and so on.
5) Despite popular belief, tile size is not dictated by the size of the bathroom. A big tile can help a small bathroom. The walls and floor are less crowded with fewer grout lines, and the room appears to be larger. Smaller tiles, on the other hand, should not be overlooked and may be used to spice up even the tiniest of bathrooms.
A.C.T. Home Services is one of the leading contractors in Red Deer, Pigeon Lake and Wetaskiwin, Alberta. We provide interior renovation services for bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. Besides that, we also offer exterior renovations, such as roofing, siding, gutters, deck renovations, and more. Call our renovation specialists at 780-352-7663 today!